Welcome to the Newquay Foodbank
01 MAR 19 NEWS: ST MICHAELS FOODBANK SESSIONS HAVE CHANGED TIME. CHECK OUT THE TIMES PAGE FOR INFORMATION
The inability to support yourself or your family with the basics such as bread, milk and other essential foods in 2019 is an appalling reality for many. The Newquay foodbank seeks to be that source of light and hope to those who have fallen on hard times whether it is through the loss of a job, injury or other matter, Newquay Food bank works with other supporting agencies to locate those who need us the most and ensure they get the right help from the right people to get themselves back on their feet.
We are not a long term solution but an immediate source of help to those who need us the most. Whether that
is Individuals or families, whatever their background or status.
Each food parcel provides 3 meals a day for 3 days plus puddings, tea or coffee, milk and biscuits. The parcel includes non perishable tinned and packet foods plus fresh fruit, vegetables and a loaf of bread.
Do you need our support?
Frontline care professionals such as the Children’s Centre, Schools, Police, CAB, the Red Cross identify people in need of food supplies and issue a voucher, the recipient then brings the voucher to one of the foodbank sessions and receives 3 days’ worth of food.
Can you support us?
We receive no public funding and therefore are a volunteer led organisation that relies on the support of the Community to continue our vital work. There are many ways you may wish to support us as follows:
1) Give your time – we have many volunteer roles available dependant on your interests and time availability
2) Donate food – you can donate at many locations around Newquay such as Morrisons, Aldi, Sainsburys, amongst others and direct at foodbank sessions
3) Donate funds – we have recently set up a CAF donate site which gives you the ability to donate online and add gift aid if you are able. Follow the link below to our donate page.
4) Front line care professional – We are always looking for more partners to work with to ensure all who need a voucher can access one.
5) Follow us on Twitter at @NewquayFoodbank or find us on face book by searching Newquay Foodbank.
If you would like any further information whether that be to request support or offer it, please contact us on 07810271202.